Wednesday, September 26, 2012

What´s your wish for the season?

I have noticed that humans are tuned in to the shifts of seasons.
While for the Northern Hemisphere it means going inwards now, starting classes, looking for knowledge to take in and looking to spending more time at home, for those of us in the Southern Hemisphere it means going all out.
Here´s my family, Frida included, at my in law´s garden last Sunday.




I have a case of what I call the Utilísima attack. Utilísima is the most known crafting/cooking/gardening/mamahood/health show (now turned whole TV  channel) in Argentina.
I have started watching Hecho en casa (Made at home) and Tienda de diseño (Design shop) while ironing. Yes, I take the ironing board all the way to where the telly is and back.
I have also started including new recipies.
And ... here comes the BIG one ... I wish to revamp all the living room, one wall of the upstairs bathroom and maybe our bedroom ... painting the walls ourselves. Even if we don´t actually paint the walls ourselves, the whole new colour scheme with a different floor, refurbished coaches and new layout will be quite fun.
That´s a pic of Mati in October 97 when the livingroom carpet arrived. We had been living here only a couple of weeks.

Here´s another wish for this season: participate in Blogtoberfest hosted this year by Kat of I saw you dancing. It´s easy: each day a story/prompt will be posted, you write your own daily entry and link. Last year over 300 bloggers took part of this project. Will you be one of them this year? You´ll get to read stories and get prompts from bloggers like ... MEEEEEE! Thanks Kat for inviting me as a guest. *beam*

For November I´ll take part of Art Evry Day Month hosted by Leah Piken Kolidas for the ... let me count ... the 7th time. :)

You´ll find me here in December with my Advent Calendar. :)

4 comments:

Sian said...

I like your thought about the "in" and "out" seasons . That's a good way to look at it

Marja said...

You are spot on with the comment about how we are in tune with the seasons. As you say it's going into Fall/Winter here and I'm totally getting ready to hibernate and craft and stuff. I actually JUST blogged about it before I came to read your blog! I need to get blogging again so think I will join in with the bloggy thing with you! Off to sign up :)

Carolyn Dube said...

What fun to be inspired by such great shows. I miss the one that inspired me years ago, the Christopher Lowell show. My husband is glad that it is off the air because there was some kind of change every day he came home.

Unknown said...

I love lives lived in tune with the seasons, so the way it should be. As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails