Monday, September 10, 2012

Magnetic memories and reminders

 “Once you become aware of what you need, you’ll see recycling opportunities all over.” -- Quinn McDonald.

Oh, yesssss! Absolutely! Now I look at things differently. For example, this month I´m having a look at my kitchen. This is the side of our fridge.
WARNING FOR TRACEY (and other non linear thinkers): darling you may want to skip this picture´s description ;) Go back to reading after the second one.
You sure you are not looking?
Ok, then I tell the rest of you that these magnets are ordered geographically North To South. *grin* First the UK ones, then the Argentinian provinces/cities and finally the USA, Brazil and Germany.
It´s safe to look now everyone!
This is the front, the practical side. I "cheated" a bit and added all the magnets I could find around the kitchen, even in drawers.
I had magnets of places that no longer exist and it seems I take a magnet each time I buy at La Fábrica, which is twice a year for the kid´s birthday parties. They have the best cakes! And fresh, delicious sandwiches.

TASK FOR THIS WEEK: Time to magnet declutter!
* First gather all your magnets.
* Ornamental and souvenir magnets get cleaned and displayed.
* Check the shops/deliveries still exist and are relevant
* Read this post for a creative project with magnets. :)

You may go to Quinn McDonald´s post to see more examples of practical recycling for arts and crafts. She also wrote this post about containers.

I´m reading more and more Organizational blogs and choosing my favourites to follow on Facebook too, like A Bowl Full of Lemons  and I am an Organizing Junkie. Their style is clear and streamlined, just the way I like it. :D

Here are more posts about organizing your spaces and here some about something practical for storage or crafty for recycling.

5 comments:

denthe said...

Oh my, you really are very organized!

Marja said...

LOL I don't have any pretty magnets on my fridge other than boring round ones with primary colors that holds up a piece of artwork per child. Each week I throw out the old art and replace with whatever they bring home!

I'll follow these posts with interest though as you know me, always decluttering something!

Sian said...

That's like something I would do! Classifying magnets..I like it

ruzzel01 said...

My fridge is almost filled with these magnetic reminders.

alarm systems

Mary said...

Oh my goodness, your opening quote I think is a new favorite of mine! Thank you so much! I'd love for you to share this at my link party "Organize My Life" that opens every Monday night. Stop on by http://maryorganizes.com! Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails