Friday, April 06, 2012

PPF #4 v.2

This is the wip I posted last week for PPF#3. In fact I had considered it "done" but Carla Rey   was absolutely right when she said "Just look at that determined expression. I think she has quite a strong personality, and that you might find yourself drawn back to work on her some more. You might be done with her, but I sort of doubt that she is done with you."



And yes, here she is looking a bit more contented (her mouth is slightly fuller and has a hint of a smile). "What is the lesson (in this)?"
Working on her next:
I liked her head pose and hair but the colouring was going very wrong. Starting over, keeping the structure.
 I must have been feeling kind of blue as I gave her blue skin and a grey background. She has orangey hair though. Still some fierceness in her.
 Fireflies came from a story I read at Karen´s and the circles from a You Tube video by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer.
And now she is a redhead!!!
More on her next week.
I need to find a name for her. Specially since all three have been "her" so far.

20 comments:

GlorV1 said...

I like "Red" and she looks lovely. Liked all three of them Hope your Easter is great Paula. Happy Easter and PPF!

Netty said...

Can see you are having great fun with your art....Happy PPF and have a blessed Easter, Annette x

Tracey FK said...

I love that you are branching out and challenging yourself to do new things... I am loving the red head... she should be called Loretta after my mother in law... she is one determined red head...hope you have a happy and safe Easter ...xx

Carolyn Dube said...

I love seeing her change- just like people do- we all change and develop!

Faye said...

Beautiful transformation, Paula. She was lovely last week and even better this week. How wonderful to be in a group of artists who are willing to add helpful criticism. Yay! for Carla Rey! I hope she will help me with my art, too.

carol l mckenna said...

Fun creations ~ lovely ~ keep playing and exploring ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

Helen Campbell said...

How fun to see the transformations! Have a wonderful Easter!

Debbie said...

I think each time you paint her, your use of paint is becoming freer and more interesting. Very nice!

Anonymous said...

Art truly is a process and a journey. I'm sure you are having a wonderful time with your discoveries. Wonderful to see the process of how your pages are coming out. Have a great weekend! Happy Easter and ppf. :-)

Anne Manda said...

Lovely transformation, so much fun to see the process! Thank you for sharing and happy PPF!

Mary C. Nasser said...

Wonderful spreads!
How fun that you are painting a red-head now!!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

WrightStuff said...

I love that your painting demanded you keep working on her! It worked!

:)

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!!!!I love that red hair, have a wonderful Easter Weekend !

carlarey said...

I'm so glad what I said made a difference. Sometimes my paintings aren't done with me, either.

It's great to see the evolution of your next one, ove her bright swingy hair.

Geckostone said...

Lovely work, Paula! Happy Easter and PPF! Hugs, Deb

Annabelle said...

Hi Paula,
I like the end result, she makes for a very empowered woman.
Happy Easter : )

Ileana said...

Oh I love your portraits...fun and stylish, and I like to see all the different colors. Is the one in red ME?? :)

Happy Easter, amiga!!

*jean* said...

i like how she ended up a red head...fun to see your process...hope you have a great week!

EVA said...

Red is coming along beautifully and the words really add to determined girl. Maybe you'll find just the right phrase for Red.

JKW said...

Your gals are great. . each one appears to have her own personality. Blessings, Janet PPF

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails